March 14, 2022 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
ECA business — 7:00-8:00 pm
- Discussion of liquor license application for 501 Wine & Spirits LLC (1501 Harry Thomas Way NE)
- Some folks have reached out regarding concerns about this application
- Our understanding is that ANC Commissioner Wright would like to hear from folks about their concerns about this application
- The ECA officers are not recommending involving the association in this matter
- BZA relief application for 1933 2nd St NE.
- Owner is seeking relief from rear addition requirements of Subtitle E § 205.4 & the rooftop and upper floor requirements of Subtitle E § 206.1, asking to construct a third story and rear addition with penthouse and roof deck, and add two additional dwelling units to an existing, attached, two-story with cellar, 4-unit apartment house in the RF-1 zone.
- We hope to hear from the owner or a representative but have not been able to confirm their attendance yet.
- ECA officers do not have any concerns with the relief being sought and are not proposing to take action
- Small updates:
- Transmitted letter to DMPED re: Engine 12 RFP (2225 5th Street NE and 513 Rhode Island Avenue NE)
- Transmitted letter to DDOT re: traffic safety improvements on east side of Eckington
- Ward 5 ANC redistricting maps anticipated this week. Working group on ANC 5E proposed splitting the commission in two, which is consistent with ECA’s request in January.
- North Capitol Street Community Advisory Committee has begun to meet.
- First public meeting about North Capitol Street concept planning and short term safety fixes is expected this summer.
- Short term Lincoln Road safety improvements are now anticipated to be a component of this project, but a timeline has not yet been announced for this part of the project.
- Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie released his budget letter for FY2023
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community