A pdf version of the agenda is available here.
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
- There are two ways to join the meeting:
- Google Hangouts – https://meet.google.com/ish-jsgc-obe
- Phone – (US) +1 440-482-5192 PIN: 200703008#
ANC 5E03 Candidate Forum— 7:00-7:45 pm
- ANC 5E03 candidates Michael Kaercher and Denise Wright will take moderated questions. Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the meeting.
- Note: We invited the ANC 5E04 candidates to participate as well, but neither candidate responded
(Unconfirmed) A brief conversation with Marcus Goodwin, Candidate for D.C. Council At-Large — 7:45-8:00 pm
- Marcus Goodwin, a candidate for the D.C. Council At-Large, requested the opportunity to speak with the civic association. We expect him to share a little bit about himself and his priorities.
ECA business — 8:00-8:15 pm
- Feedback for DDOT regarding 3rd Street NE “slow streets” proposal
- Update on DDOT outreach regarding conversion of T street NE to one-way eastbound.
- Reminder that ECA elections are December 7. Please contact us if you are interested in running to serve as president, vice president (up to four positions), treasurer, or communications director.
- Murder-free DC’s contract for violence interruption in Truxton Circle/Eckington was not renewed
Updates from community leaders — 8:15-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Council Member Kenyan McDuffie (Ward 5)
- Dominique Chestnut, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 7pm: ANC 5E meeting
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Neighborhood cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, Nov. 2: Next ECA meeting
- Monday, Dec. 7: ECA elections