A PDF version of the agenda is available here: https://eckingtoncivicassociation.files.wordpress.com/2020/09/eca-draft-agenda-september-2020.pdf
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
- There are two ways to join the meeting:
- Google Hangouts – click this link to join us online: https://meet.google.com/qah-fyef-oti
- By Phone: Dial +1 385-352-0475 PIN: 390065572#
ECA business — 7:00-7:10 pm
- Updates from ECA Officers
- ANC elections are happening again in November (including ANC single member district 5E03 and 5E04 in Eckington). ECA intends to host an ANC candidate forum at our October meeting. Please contact us if you would like to submit questions for the candidates.
- NoMA BID recognized ECA work with Community Partner Award, invitation to participate in update to their strategic plan
- ECA elections for 2021 officers will be held on December 9. Please contact us at Eckingtoncivic@gmail.com if you would like to run for President, Vice President (up to four positions), Treasurer, or Communications Director. Our bylaws require that you be a member in good standing to run for office or vote for officers, so join us today!
- Please complete the census if you have not done so already.
A brief introduction: Candidate for ANC 5E03, Michael Kaercher — 7:10-20 pm
- Michael Kaercher, a candidate for the ANC 5E03, requested the opportunity to introduce himself to the civic association. We expect him to share a little bit about himself and his priorities. Michael has agreed to participate in the ECA’s candidate forum, so we will save questions for then.
Updates from community leaders — 7:20-7:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Council Member Kenyan McDuffie (Ward 5)
- Dominique Chestnut, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
A conversation with Marcus Goodwin, Candidate for D.C. Council At-Large — 7:30-8:00 pm
- Marcus Goodwin, a candidate for the D.C. Council At-Large, requested the opportunity to speak with the civic association. We expect him to share a little bit about himself and his priorities, and then take questions from members of the civic association and Eckington residents.