A word version of the agenda is available here.
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
- ***Please note that we are starting our July meeting at 7:30 pm instead of 7:00 pm to accommodate a guest speaker***
- There are two ways to join the meeting:
- Google Hangouts – click this link to join us online: https://meet.google.com/svv-xhsh-shj
- Or call in by phone at +1 984-212-6781 and enter this PIN: 753596389#
ECA business — 7:30-7:45 pm
- Updates on advocacy (Conor Shaw)
- Funding for ECA priorities (violence intervention and Dave Thomas Circle) appears to be intact
- Readout from July 9 meeting with DDOT and other community partners about improving safety on North Capitol Street
- ANC 5E joins ECA in endorsing RI Avenue map amendments
- ANC elections are happening again in November (including ANC single member district 5E03 and 5E04 in Eckington) (Conor Shaw)
- Deadline to appear on the November 2020 ballot is August 5, 2020.
- Updates on green spaces (Conor Shaw)
- Tanner Park is now open. Please join or contribute to Eckington Parks & Arts, which is assuming responsibility for upkeep of the dog park
- Construction is starting soon on a “food forest” at Langley Elementary/Harry Thomas Rec. Center
- Effort to reallocate JBG community benefits is on hold while developer tries once more to use funds for original purpose (community garden in ANC 5E03)
Updates from community leaders — 7:45-8:00 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Council Member Kenyan McDuffie (Ward 5)
- Dominique Chestnut, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
A conversation with Ed Lazere, Candidate for D.C. Council At-Large — 8:00 pm
- Ed Lazere, a candidate for the D.C. Council At-Large, requested the opportunity to speak with the civic association. We expect him to share a little bit about himself and his priorities, and then take questions from members of the civic association and Eckington residents.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Wednesday, July 15, 7pm: Eckington Parks & Arts meeting
- Thursday, July 16: Greater Greater Washington training on running for Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners. Register here.
- Saturday, July 18: ECA and EP&A neighborhood cleanup
- Saturday August 1: ECA and EP&A neighborhood cleanup
- September 14, 2020: Next ECA Meeting (We will not meet in August, as has been our custom)