Please find below (and attached) the draft agenda for the ECA’s January 6, 2020 Meeting at the Summit at St. Martin’s, 116 T Street NE. Please note that a photo ID is required to enter the building.
There is a lot on the agenda this month, so please take time to review and comment on our draft comments to DDOT regarding the 65% Design for Florida Avenue NE and the 30% design for Dave Thomas Circle.
Guest Presentations — 7:00-7:30 pm
· MPD, 5th District update (Join 5D’s Google group for updates)
· Update on Murder Free DC/Father Factor’s violence interruption launch (Kevin Fields)
· Update on construction of Eckington Yards (Ayisha Swann, JBG Smith)
ECA business — 7:30-8:10 pm
· ECA’s letter to the Office of Planning – ECA to request that OP adopt text amendment that is consistent with map amendments that ECA is also asking OP to adopt
· Vote on $2,000 matching grant to Eckington Parks & Arts to beautify and activate Eckington’s public spaces, including at Tanner Park. Grant would match first $2,000 in donations to this nonprofit to kickstart its first year of operations.
· Vote on $250 donation to the Langley Elementary PTSA to support its February “Tiger Trek”
· Discussion and vote on proposed comments to DDOT regarding the 65% design for Florida Avenue NE and the 30% design for Dave Thomas Circle
· Vote to request that DDOT and JBG install stop signs and raised crosswalks at the intersections of Quincy Pl./Ln. & Eckington Pl. and Quincy Pl./Ln. & Harry Thomas Way (Conor Shaw)
· Treasurer’s update
Updates from community leaders and offices — 8:10-8:30 pm
· Sylvia Pinkney, ANC 5E04 (West Eckington)
· Cortney Segmen, ANC 5E03 (East Eckington)
· Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
· January 8: Langley Elementary PTSA Meeting
· February 3: Next ECA Meeting. Our full 2020 schedule is available at https://eckingtoncivicassociation.com/meetings-agendas/
About the Eckington Civic Association
The Eckington Civic Association meets the first Monday of each month (unless otherwise noted). All Eckington residents are welcome to attend. If you are interested in becoming a member of the association, which allows you to vote at meetings and serve on committees, please contact or speak to one of the officers at our monthly meeting or reach out to us at the contact information below. Annual dues are $10, $7 for seniors.