May 9, 2022 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
Guest Speaker: Matthew Graves, US Attorney for the District of Columbia – 7:00-7:20 pm
- Mr. Graves requested the opportunity to address the civic association. He will make brief remarks and then take questions from members.
- Mr. Graves’s office has jurisdiction over all adult criminal offenses in D.C., including prosecutions brought in D.C. or federal courts.
ECA business — 7:20-8:00 pm
- Voting item: proposed letter to the District Department of Energy and the Environment re: the Fort Myers asphalt plant and associated concerns
- Voting item: proposed letter to the District Department of Transportation calling for safer bike facilities between the Metropolitan Branch Trail and Shaw, Dupont Circle, and other points to Eckington’s west.
- Voting item: proposed questionnaire for Ward 5 council candidates
- Update onANC Redistricting
- The Council Subcommittee on Redistricting has informed us that ECA’s proposed changes to the Ward 5 ANC map will not move forward without support from Councilmember McDuffie. They have not received that support yet. Please contact Silas Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Councilmember McDuffie’s office to let him know that you support a ANC single member district in Northeast Eckington
- Other updates:
- Eckington Day will be on October 1 – Save the Date!
- Farmers Market will be taking place at Tanner Park on Thursdays from 3-7pm
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Senior Advisor, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- First and third Saturday of every month: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, May 16 from 7 to 8:30pm: Eckington Parks & Arts Quarterly Community Meeting
- Monday, June 13: Next ECA monthly meeting
- Saturday, October 1: Eckington Day!