Highlights from our April ECA meeting have been posted.
During this call:
- Members voted YES to provide a grant to resident Sianna Boschetti to construct a Little Free Library near Tanner Park.
- Members voted YES for the ECA to prepare and submit a letter advocating for changes to the proposed ANC redistricting map.
We also flagged the following ways that members can contribute to the community:
- Submit questions for inclusion in our Ward 5 Councilmember Candidate Forum. We are hoping to convene a candidate forum at our next meeting; be in touch (email@example.com) to suggest questions or flag topics that you’d like us to raise during the moderated discussion. On the call, members raised issues including a vision for Rhode Island Ave transformation and development; air quality; gunshots/ghost guns; enforcement of no-truck zones; policy accountability; environmental and green space priorities; traffic safety; and noise/safety issues with local dirt bikes and the GoPuff warehouse.
- Save the date – October 1 – for Eckington Day 2022! Stay tuned for more details!
- Help get the word out about the next round of ECA Grants – we’re accepting applications until June 6 for grants of up to $1,000 that would improve the environment and health for Eckington residents; promote community engagement; provide skill building, education, mentorship, civic engagement, or other community-building activities for Eckington youth; and/or promote safety on Eckington’s roads and sidewalks.
- Consider serving as an ECA officer in 2023. Although elections are not until November, this is a great time to get your questions answered! Check out descriptions of the different roles and responsibilities, and get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have interest or questions.
Check the notes for more – including several upcoming events.
Our next meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 9, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Hope you can join us!