Feb. 14, 2022 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
ECA business — 7:00-8:15 pm
- Establishing an ECA grant process
- Feedback re: proposal to fund projects/programs/services that improve: environment/health; community engagement; youth; traffic/biking/pedestrian safety
- Feedback re: evaluation criteria (that projects/programs/services: are available to a wide swath of Eckington residents; are aligned with ECA objectives; feasible; have sustainable/durable impacts; will be implemented by qualified organizations or individuals)
- Vote to set aside $3,000 in ECA funds for 2022 grants.
- Engine 12 RFP (2225 5th Street NE and 513 Rhode Island Avenue NE)
- Presentation by EastBanc group (Nate Klass)
- Presentation by MXTR Ventures (Stephen Rodiger
- Vote on ECA letter to DMPED advocating for:
- That all of the new housing be affordable (max 50% AMI) and that a significant portion of the units by deeply affordable (30% AMI)
- That the new housing include a significant number of family sized units
- That a the project include a DCPL branch library to serve Edgewood and Eckington
- That DMPED consider moving the fire station permanently to another location in the neighborhood so that the Library can occupy the ground floor (which is DCPL’s preference for new facilities)
- Vote on ECA letter to Mayor Bowser, Councilmember McDuffie, and Councilmember Trayon White requesting that the funding for the Edgewood/Eckington library be moved forward from FY 2024 to FY2023 so that it aligns with this development process.
- Discussion of and vote on draft letter to DDOT re: traffic safety on 2nd, 3rd, T and 4th Streets NE.
- Short updates:
- ECA sent a letter to the Ward 5 redistricting committee and testified at its recent meeting on February 8, 2022.
- ECA budget letter re: environmental issues forthcoming
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 8:15-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Saturday, Feb. 19: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, March 14: Next ECA monthly meeting