July 12, 2021 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
Join the Civic Association: Register here (it’s free).
You can also support the civic association by making a one time or recurring donation.
ECA business — 7:00-8:00 pm
- Eckington Day (Dana Samuels)
- Save the Date: Saturday October 2, 2021 at Tanner Park
- If you or your organization would like to participate in Eckington Day, please sign up here.
- FY 22 Budget updates (Conor Shaw)
- Our understanding is that major priorities remain funded (Harry Thomas Rec Center, Eckington/Edgewood/Stronghold Library, study of North Capitol Street)
- CM McDuffie appears to have secured additional funds for irrigation system at Harry Thomas field as well as a DSLBD clean team for Eckington
- Reimagining North Capitol Street (Conor Shaw)
- First presentation of an alternative vision for the corridor from Michigan Avenue to Massachusetts Avenue. The goal is to get feedback from community members to refine and improve this vision before it is shared more widely.
- Joint event w/ Deckover project team is still in the works–hoping to schedule it sometime in July or August
- Joint ECA/BCA language still awaiting approval from BCA
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Saturday, July 17: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- The ECA will not be meeting in August
- Saturday, August 7: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Saturday, August 21: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Saturday, October 2: Eckington Day
- Monday, Nov. 8: ECA meeting including ECA officer elections for 2022
- Monday, Dec. 13: End-of-year celebration