April 12, 2021 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
|How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting|
Click here: https://meet.google.com/ozv-bcof-puj Or dial: +1 304-918-0851 PIN: 984925849#
|Join the Civic Association: |
Click HERE to register. Resident memberships are free, but we welcome donations HERE.
ECA business — 7:00-8:00 pm
- Preview of ECA Zoning Commission testimony re: South RIA development (Daniel Agold)
- Vote on ECA Comments on Draft Environmental Impact Statement for DC-Baltimore Maglev (Conor Shaw)
- Quick updates (Conor Shaw)
- Help us restart Eckington Day in 2021– first planning meeting on April 27 at 6pm (likely to be virtual, but there is a chance we’ll meet in the park)
- ECA yard signs, flyers, and (possibly) shirts coming your way soon
- Langley ES and Eckington Parks & Arts joined our letter advocating for funding of Eckington/Edgewood DCPL Library to Mayor & relevant D.C. councilmembers.
- All-way stop signs coming to intersections of Quincy Lane (the Eckington Yards “woonerf”) and Eckington Place as well as Quincy Lane and Harry Thomas Way.
- DC Water Northeast Boundary Tunnel construction sites are starting to approach completion. Check out D.C. Water for information.
- Public safety & violence prevention updates (Taylor Kennedy)
- Vote on ECA letter supporting CM McDuffie’s budget request for additional investments in violence prevention (Conor Shaw, Taylor Kennedy, Silas Grant)
Updates from community leaders — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, MayorBowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community