October 24, 2022 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
Join the Civic Association:
Register here (it’s free).
You can also support the civic association by making a one time or recurring donation.
ECA business — 7:00-8:00 pm
- Presentation and vote on proposed curb cuts for “Rhode Island Avenue Assemblage” project
- Rhode Island Avenue Assemblage project requests support for proposed curb cuts
- Proposed ECA letter to DDOT re: curb cuts and other public space considerations
- Vote on letter re: proposed installation of protected bike lanes on 8th Street NE to fill gap in the Metropolitan Branch Trail
- Update on Fort Myer Asphalt Plant Advocacy
- DOEE (finally) responded to the ECA’s May letter – they have received our concerns. They will share a draft permit when they are ready and will work with the ECA to ensure a hearing on the permit is scheduled at a time that allows residents to participate.
- ECA Elections on November 14. We are particularly interested in recruiting candidates who will help ensure that the ECA’s leadership is representative of the community. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Conor if you’re interested in running for office this fall. Current candidates for office:
- President: Jason Gerson
- Vice President (up to 4 VPs may serve at once): Brandt Witt, Ben Colbert,
- Treasurer: Daniel Agold
- Communications Director: William Dick
- Eckington Day Recap
- Short updates:
- The ECA-funded Art-in-the-right-of-way project completed installations at three intersections in the neighborhood, and they look great. Many thanks to Nick Roland and Japer Bowles for leading the project and all of the volunteers who helped paint.
- Other grant project still looking for volunteers:
- Folks who live near the Met Branch trail to host a purple air quality monitor
- Folks to host a pollinator garden
- Pedestrian access to Union Market via Florida Avenue NE to be restored once concrete pouring is completed – hopefully by December. DDOT has also commenced its own work on Florida Avenue, so space is tight (or at least that is the latest story they are sticking with)
- Remember to vote for your Eckington ANC commissioners on your 2022 ballots!
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 8:00 – 8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Senior Advisor, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- First and third Saturday of every month: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, November 14: ECA Elections
- December TBD – end of year celebration