Nov. 8, 2021 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
Join the Civic Association:
Register here (it’s free)!
You can also support the civic association by making a one time or recurring donation.
2022 Officer Elections— 7:00-7:30 pm
- Vote on bylaw amendment to change elections to November (requires two thirds of members present)
- Brief statements, Q&A w/ 2022 candidates of ECA office
- For President: Conor Shaw
- For Treasurer: Neil Shah
- For Communications Director: Ben Colbert
- For Vice President (the ECA can have four): Dana Samuels, Daniel Agold, Taylor Kennedy, Brandt Witt
- Election of 2022 officers
ECA business — 7:30-8:00 pm
- Feedback on draft bylaw amendment to create “officer emeritus” position (to be voted on at a future meeting – likely January)
- Vote on sending ECA letter to Eckington ANC Commissioners and DDOT in support of street safety requests in and near Eckington including:
- Lincoln Rd. Safety Project
- 2019 Eckington Civic Association traffic safety requests, including:
- Other recent traffic safety requests submitted by Eckington residents
- Short updates:
- Please fill out this survey to help the NoMA BID explore potential options for a farmer’s market at Tanner Park.
- DC’s Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development issued an RFP for 2225 5th Street NE and 513 Rhode Island Avenue NE:
- “Redevelopment of the site must incorporate a new fire station for Engine 12 and may include a mix of uses including retail and housing. Given robust population growth and construction activity in the area, the site is a prime candidate for mixed use development including commercial and residential uses built in conjunction with the fire station”
- Eckington residents are working on a draft letter asking for steps to improve Eckington’s tree canopy, including the need for more street tree boxes on neighborhood sidewalks. We’ll work with Eckington Parks and Arts to move it along.
- COVID vaccines are available for children between 5 and 11. View DC vaccination sites here.
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Saturday, Nov. 6: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Saturday, Nov. 6, 9am – 12 pm – Eckington/Langley Community Food Forest Pre-planting Day (volunteers please sign up here!
- Tues., Nov. 9 at 7pm: Quarterly Eckington Parks & Arts Member/Prospective Member meeting
- Wed., Nov. 10 at 7pm: DC for Democracy Ward 5 Candidate forum
- Saturday, Nov 13: Langley Elementary School Fall Festival (101 T Street NE; 10a – 1p)
- Saturday Nov. 13, 9am – 12 pm – Eckington/Langley Community Food Forest Planting Day (volunteers please sign up here!)
- Monday, Nov. 15 at 1pm: Walk with District Dept. of Energy & Environment at the Eckington Ft. Myers Asphalt Plant (meet at 514 V St NE).
- Monday, Nov. 15 at 7pm: DDOT final virtual meeting on Dave Thomas Circle design & construction plan (Event Number: 2319 995 6507 | Event Password: November15!)
- Saturday, Nov 20: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, Dec. 13: Final ECA meeting, end-of-year celebration