Oct. 11, 2021 | 7:00PM-8:30PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Or dial: +1-219-654-2369 PIN: 149 080 474#
ECA business — 7:00-7:45 pm
- Eckington Day recap and feedback
- Thanks to everyone who participated and attended — we had a great time
- We’ll be thinking about how best to organize future events like this. Stay tuned for updates about a possible Eckington Day planning committee
- Eckington & Eckington Day T-shirts are still available. Email us if you’d like to buy one!
- ECA officer elections for 2022 are taking place on November 8, 2021. Please take a look at our call for candidates and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in running for elected office.
- Deadline to express interest in running for election: November 1, 2021.
- Vote on using $500 in ECA funds to become a silver sponsor of Langley Elementary’s Tiger Trek fall fundraiser.
- Street safety
- Eckington and Edgewood residents have created a website and are hosting a virtual meeting on October 14 at 7pm regarding safety issues along Lincoln Rd. We’ll be attending and expect to have action items at our November and December meetings to support this effort. No action has been taken by DDOT in response to the ECA’s 2019 traffic safety assessment request regarding Lincoln Road.
- DDOT responded to our feedback on the Dave Thomas Circle 65% design. They are implementing speed limit reductions and considering extending protected bike lanes north to R street. It appears that they have declined to embrace the rest of our comments (including narrower intersection, prioritizing bus service, extending bike lanes westward). The city has taken possession of the Wendy’s property and expects to hold a final meeting on the intersection design later this month.
- Short updates:
- Union Kitchen at 1625 Eckington Place NE is opening October 11
- The SEC announced plans to move their headquarters to North Capitol Street & NY Ave
- We will be partnering with NoMA BID on a survey seeking community input regarding a possible farmer’s market in Tanner Park. The survey is forthcoming, but we need your participation to help us understand how a farmer’s market in Eckington could succeed.
- A construction permit was issued for 13-story mixed use building (388 units) at site of the former Exxon at 1 Florida Avenue NE.
Updates from the offices of elected representatives and community members — 7:45-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, Mayor Bowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Saturday, October 16: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, Nov. 1: deadline for ECA officer candidates
- Saturday, Nov 6: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, Nov. 8: ECA meeting & ECA officer elections for 2022
- Saturday, Nov 13: Langley Elementary School Fall Festival (101 T Street NE; 10a – 1p)
- Monday, Dec. 13: End-of-year celebration