How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Click here: https://meet.google.com/ozv-bcof-puj
Or dial: +1 304-918-0851 PIN: 984925849#
ECA business — 7:00-8:00 pm
- Please renew your membership for 2021 and consider a one time or recurring donation to the ECA! (Ben Colbert and Neil Shah)
- ECA survey results and takeaways (Taylor Kennedy)
- FY 2022 Budget advocacy (Conor Shaw)
- Complete Ward 5 Councilmember McDuffie’s Budget Advocacy Survey HERE Suggested asks: Eckington/Edgewood DCPL Library; DDOT concept study for North Capitol Street redesign; improvements to Harry Thomas Recreation Center; continued funding of violence interruption program in/near Eckington
- Ward 5 for All petition for an Edgewood/Eckington Library: fill it out HERE
- Stay tuned for community meeting regarding advocacy for an Edgewood/Eckington Library
- Quick updates (Conor Shaw)
- Eckington Yards PUD banner: working w/ McKinley Tech to get images of school (they are very excited); NoMA BID agreed to lighter touch on BID branding; final design/procurement in works.
- DDOT proceeding with changes to Todd Place and T street NE soon. One small change to previous proposal–Todd place Westbound conversion will now extend all the way to North Capitol Street.
- DC has acquired Wendy’s at Dave Thomas Circle via eminent domain. Designs expected to be completed this year and construction to start in 2022.
- The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) released a Draft Environmental Impact Statement regarding the Washington to Baltimore Maglev. Public comments are due April 22, 2021. ECA is considering whether to comment on potential local impacts (e.g.. the potential expansion of PEPCO substation into newly built Tanner Park; use of nearby land for massive parking facilities instead of housing/retail and the induced congestion it would create)
Updates from community leaders — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, MayorBowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Multiple dates in February: Mayor Bowser’s Budget engagement forums
- Wednesday, February 10: DDOT Metropolitan Branch Trail Fort Totten to Takoma Public Meeting
- Saturday, February 20: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts (every 1st & 3rd Saturday)
- Monday, March 8: Next ECA Meeting