Due to the public health emergency, we will not be holding ECA meetings in person. We will be shifting to virtual meetings until further notice, beginning with our April 6 meeting on Monday.
How to participate in the meeting
There are two ways to join the meeting:
(1) Google Hangouts – click this link to join us online at 7pm on Monday: meet.google.com/ung-hazp-jhe
(2) Phone – call (567) 351-1216 and when prompted, enter the PIN: 437273171
Please fill out our survey in advance of the meeting.
We are hoping to get a sense for community needs and concerns in advance of the meeting because participation may be more difficult in this virtual setting—especially the first time around. It is very short! Link here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXybjYoOgjhzeQ9w9PblnHLWIMrW4eAoXH80Q1q-Lx8VOdLQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Grace Period — 7:00-7:05 pm
We will give folks a few minutes to connect and dial in. Please be patient. And hey—you’re at home, so you could grab yourself a tasty snack or beverage!
Welcome and important reminders — 7:05-7:15 pm
- Stay at home except for essential trips, practice social distancing when you leave the house
- Take care of your neighbors and don’t hesitate to reach out to us and to your civic leaders about needs
- Participate in the census at https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond.html
- Sign up for an absentee ballot for the upcoming primary election: https://www.vote4dc.com/ApplyInstructions/Absentee
Coronavirus Response in Eckington — 7:15-8:00 pm
- Resources for Eckington Residents: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tC6Q6AZdTk0jm_y7yc6NAIf4QcSVGWFdLi7BGzG5sQM/edit?usp=sharing
- Create a “pod” on your block.
- Guide to creating a pod: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xTLwXK30Er_QjcpyG-Aa9fr2EWAyQI17ZENcDwd-6GM/edit.
- If you create a pod, please email us at EckingtonCivic@gmail.com so we can get in touch with you. Please also be in touch if you or a neighbor has any unmet needs.
- To give or request assistance to other Ward 5 residents, please complete the Ward 5 mutual aid form: Ward 5 Community & Mutual Aid form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoHwezDrIhbEhQsSr_QbgSbOyq2ZJtsNCsYkNc5Y33C4n2Sw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1rbnFNT-wfkZHIBXCGnEZXvHQ9XCiygm0YpjVBRHw5yeqwi3FzXdRHbug