March 8, 2021 | 7:00PM-8:300PM
How to Participate in Our Virtual Meeting
Click here: https://meet.google.com/ozv-bcof-puj
Or dial: +1 304-918-0851 PIN: 984925849#
Guest presentations — 7:00-7:30 pm
- Zoning hearing upcoming for “South RIA” (Jair Lynch/LDP Acquisitions)
- Cure the Streets/Murder Free DC Truxton/Eckington Violence Interruption Program (Sean Magruder)
ECA business — 7:30-8:00 pm
- The Eckington Civic Association is planning a Public Safety Strategy Forum for late March to discuss strategies for reducing violence in the neighborhood. If you are a concerned resident and willing to spend a little time brainstorming concerns and solutions with us, please sign up here. (Taylor Kennedy)
- Confirming requests for updates for MPD (Taylor Kennedy)
- Help us restart Eckington Day in 2021 (Conor Shaw)
- FY 2021 Budget advocacy (Conor Shaw)
- Vote to send letter advocating for funding of Eckington/Edgewood DCPL Library to Mayor & D.C. Councilmembers and committees (view our draft letter here);
- Potential D.C. Council testimony to follow in April/May
- Quick updates (Conor Shaw)
- Updated banner designs for Eckington Place and Harry Thomas Way
- We are still considering commenting on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement regarding the Washington to Baltimore Maglev–especially opposing any impacts to Tanner Park. We are in touch with NoMA BID/Parks to coordinate.
- Do any places in Eckington need bike racks? DDOT has a bunch, so please submit 311 requests if you see a location that could use one.
Updates from community leaders — 8:00-8:30 pm
- Silas Grant, Constituent Analyst, Office of Ward 5Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Nokomis Hunter, Ward 5 Liaison, MayorBowser’s Office of Community Relations & Services
- Other members of the community
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Saturday, March 6: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Saturday, March 20: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Saturday, April 3: community cleanup with Eckington Parks & Arts
- Monday, April 12: Next ECA Meeting
One thought on “March 8, 2021 Virtual Meeting Agenda”
Many thanks! Can we include a discussion on trash issues in Eckington if we have time?
Comments are closed.